Ethernet local network communication issues.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-08-31 12:13:34
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

My local network uses a "TP-Link ADSL2+ Gigabit Double Bande AC1750". It has three computers: two connected by ethernet (let's call them 200 and 202) and one by WiFi (called 201).
I'm experiencing network issues when 200 and 202 want to talk to each other.
There are no problems when communicating with 201, the modem router or the Internet, it's just between PCs of the local network connected by ethernet.

Using the ping command from 200 to 202 revealed that packets whose total size exceeds 1487 do not get replies. This goes both ways.
The maximum total packet size when pinging from either 200 or 202 to 201 is 1500, as expected. Here again, this works both ways.

Connecting 201 to the network using ethernet instead of WiFi make the problem occur between all 3.

My modem-router is in Wireless Router Mode, using the EWAN port to get its Internet (again, Internet works fine, it's the communication between computers of the local network that doesn't).
Options
2 Reply
Re:Ethernet local network communication issues.
2015-09-01 14:16:55
Is their Firewall or any anti-virus software running on your PCs?
It should not be a router issue. Try to connect two PCs using a network cable, configure static IP in the same subnet for both and try if you can ping each other.
Options
Re:Ethernet local network communication issues.
2015-09-02 14:18:42
The issue was caused by two cables failures. I tried testing for issues with the cables, but because two cables were causing issues (and not just one), I did not see it at first.
I finally found out when testing on a switch that kept telling me the connection could not go beyond 100Mb/s (when all the tested components should have been gigabit capable), replacing all the cables solved the issue.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 500

Replies: 2

Related Articles