No internet connection / limited /invalid IP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-09-15 16:23:02
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello:)

First of all I am portuguese, sorry if my english grammar not the best one.
I am new with this things, I don't understand nothing about IP /DNS and I am having troubles.
I purchased products from tp-link, both seem fine, all light's are on but I don't have internet connection.
When I try to solve it the troubleshouting tells me invalid IP.
I've tried what I seen in others forum threads,youtube videos,etc but nothing seem to work.
I am not able to get an valid IP not even with help of "cmd" , I tried to enter "ipconfig/renew" but it error.
I updated the drives, unnistalled/installed, reboot, unplug/plug many times, I am on this for days now.
I tried default IP and nothing too.
I am not sure what I should put manually on DNS, I wonder sometimes if that's the main problem.

My router is a thomson GT874 from meo, I have wifi connection with this one, to the router I have a powerline product connected via VWAN, and another powerline connected to my laptop.

I can connect to the wifi provided by this router, but not from the powerlines plus when I try to clone the wifi I cannot manage to have connection due to this IP issue, then I am forced to reset the router with a pin.

I wonder if the connection from powerline is in conflit with the wifi from my router.

Please help XD

Thank you in advance to reply to me.
Options
5 Reply
Re:No internet connection / limited /invalid IP
2015-09-15 17:55:11
The router is faulty as it doesn't assign correct IP address to clients.
Kind reminding: This is TP-LINK forum...Any TP-LINK products there?
Options
2015-09-15 18:15:02

Tony Seaford wrote

The router is faulty as it doesn't assign correct IP address to clients.
Kind reminding: This is TP-LINK forum...Any TP-LINK products there?

Yes.

I have TL-PA4010P in my living room and TL-WPA4020 with ethernet cable plugged into my laptop.
Those products are always "auto IP themselves" to the address 169.xxx.xxx and for some reason I am not able to give it an valid IP, I wonder if it's something with the DNS, because I have no idea what to write there.
Options
2015-09-16 06:02:53
Options
2015-09-16 14:32:33
If the router itself doesn't assign correct IP address, it won't help by connecting powerline devices.
The router should be the DHCP server. If its DHCP is working abnormal, you should check it. Maybe you need a new router. Contact your router's support team to check it.
Options
2015-09-16 15:31:40
I suppose your right, because yesterday I did alot of tries, gave an static IP to the powerlines products, all lights were on and still nothing.
I put the same DNS address of router wifi,I have no clue if I did it right.
Then later I tried an USB adapter from another company(edimax) and I used the WPS button on it then Wifi clone button of the TP-WPA4020 and then with that I had wifi connection (but the connection was 54mb so it copied my existent wifi from router).

Basically if i use WPS button of router + powerline product, I get a wrong address and no internet connection with either ethernet or wifi, I see both limited.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2173

Replies: 5