Archer D7 - USB printer controller not working with OS X El Captain

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer D7 - USB printer controller not working with OS X El Captain

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
67 Reply
Re:Archer D7 - USB printer controller not working with OS X El Captain
2016-05-20 18:15:18

psoiree wrote

First of all, I'm not a westerner :) Secondly, their "higher culture" may be relevant if You travel, make business or study their history but it has nothing to do with their consumer service and being competent. Thirdly, their industry is and always was dependent on western world (even in ancient times - The Silk Road). In the past their advantage was having cheap labour force but in 2016 even this is no longer the benefit from investing in their country. Trust me, 'been there, done that.

Alfredo, I don't know if You're interested in modern economy, sir, but China is having a big friggin' problem right now so instead of doing shitty products with shitty software and trying to sell it as fast as possible, they should really keep doing quality stuff so they could get out of another crisis because quality is the thing people are looking for these days. We're all tired of cheap China/Vietnam products - and I just got back from Vietnam two weeks ago so trust me, I know what I'm talking about. Their own people are tired of this "cheap culture" (although my personal discovery and feelings are that this IS their culture. They're still a bit angry at americans because of the wars etc. etc. but they also admire USA because of the competition between the nations which put them into XXI century. Just talk to young Chinese, Vietnamese or Thais)

Best regards,
Paul

Hi Paul, I must agree with you on several issues you raise and eat humble pie... As far as TP Link goes I agree that they are incompetent and the same applies to many other Chinese hardware makers: the stuff is cheap and the software is bad but we are the guys who buy and order these products only because they are cheap...
Options
2016-06-04 05:07:28
Well well Apple is helping with this issue but not TP Link but another US company having the same problem:
SILEX

They emailed me this:
Silex Technology America (Silex) would like to share a progress update with our customers who have been impacted by the incompatibility between our USB over IP products and the MAC OS X 10.11 (El Capitan).
Our USB over IP business is an important part of our Device Networking product category.
We are the global leader in this space, with approximately 20 million devices that incorporate our technology. We are doing everything possible to find a solution for you.
The good news is that Apple has started working with us to help implement a fix. We expect to provide a more detailed update at the end of June.
The new software interface introduced in El Capitan became incompatible with our USB over IP technology which makes USB devices available over IP technology on Apple computers. The following Silex products are impacted:
[*]USB*****************************
[*]*************** – USB Device server
[*]***************– USB Device server
[*]********** – USB device server
[*]SX ***********U2 – USB Device server
We sincerely apologize to all of you for experiencing the inconvenience during this time.
Maybe TP Link can get some help too?

THERE SEEMS TO BE NO INTEREST IN THIS ISSUE ANY LONGER. TP LINK HAS GIVEN UP ON THIS ISSUE.
LONG LIVE CUSTOMER SUPPORT!:mad:
Options
Close this thread
2016-06-22 15:50:26
THERE IS NO INTEREST IN THIS ISSUE FROM TP OR ANYBODY ELSE.
PLEASE, MODERATORS CLOSE THIS THREAD!!:mad::mad::confused::confused::confused:
Options
2016-07-25 23:14:25
I have the same problem with the AC7 V1.I
Options
2016-08-19 23:12:56
Tks. Useful information!
Useful information Useful information Useful information Useful information
Options
2016-09-18 06:10:28
In case you might not know this but USB printer controller utility has just come out for El Captain: http://www.tp-link.com/en/download/TD-W8970.html#Utility

For me, I have already got a HP Wi-Fi printer with Instant Ink and also replaced my old long-overdue Macbook Pro with a new PC system.
Options
2016-09-18 16:09:38
yes, just after I changed to 10.12 and, guess what, it does not work under 10.12! I have now got a WiFi Canon, so TP Link is useless anyway!
Options