TD-W8960N V5 throttles ADSL speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-09-20 05:51:52
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello Guys, i am facing a problem with TD-W8960N V5 router , i tried different firmwares but the problem persists , currently i am on firmware 1.1.1 Build 141107 Rel.34856 (The latest)

The problem is that sometimes the router just caps the speed of my ADSL connection , i have a 8mb adsl connection , my download speed reaches 1 megabyte/sec but sometimes when i use the TP link router and try to download a file using download manager from download.com i find that my download speed starts from 1mb and keeps falling till it reaches 200k/sec and then settles , i keep downloading the file with only 200k/sec , it is like the router throttles my connection speed to 2mbit which i don't understand why , same applies to streaming , speed tests , etc.
Problem exists when connected VIA LAN or wireless regardless

Has anyone faced this problem?

Note that i tried to connect another router directly to my phone line to be used as a modem and this router connected to the other router using a LAN (TP link router used as an access point) and connect to the TP-link router the problem doesn't exist anymore , so i think the problem is related to the modem of the TP Link TD-W8960N router.

There is one thing that i need to try which is disable the WAN firewall which i can't do , can anyone help with this? maybe this is causing the problem.

Thank you in advance guys
Options
2 Reply
Re:TD-W8960N V5 throttles ADSL speed
2015-09-22 13:43:27
What's the downstream and upstream showing on staus page of W8960N normally?
When internet speed drops, what does it show?
Try to change DSL mode to ADSL2+.
Options
router
2015-09-22 14:18:13

Mavis wrote

What's the downstream and upstream showing on staus page of W8960N normally?When internet speed drops, what does it show?Try to change DSL mode to ADSL2+.
Dear mavis,Thank you v.much for your reply. The download and upload streams are the same 8192/1024 . When I start a download I get the maximum speed 1mbyte/sec for like 30 seconds then the speed drops to 200k/sec as if my connection is 2mbit/sec while the router page shows 8mbit/secnote that this only happens with tplink router
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 512

Replies: 2

Related Articles