Firewall TD-W8968

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Firewall TD-W8968

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Firewall TD-W8968
Firewall TD-W8968
2015-09-24 10:25:52
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hardware v3

Firmware 1.0.5 Build 150512 Rel.42337

Is it right to say the text that said "firewall" in other versions of the user interface has been replaced by "security" as there is nothing that I can find that says firewall in the router UI?

If so when I log into security, a message says "By default, all outgoing IP traffic from LAN is allowed". What about incoming IP traffic is that blocked by default? There doesn't seem to be a rule blocking anything. How do I configure a rule to block people trying to see the router from outside?

My old netgear had default rules that make ports invisible as far as I remember.

Please help.

Many thanks,
---
Options
3 Reply
Re:Firewall TD-W8968
2015-09-24 18:01:41
How do I configure a rule to block people trying to see the router from outside?

It is disabled in default settings. You can go to Access Control---Remote Access and have a check.
Options
2015-09-25 00:36:05
Hi M Diamond,

I went to management > access control > remote access

and can see that there are checkboxes next web, telnet and icmp.

None of these checkboxes are checked. I assume that means the firewall is on, is that correct?

So what you are saying is the part in access control > remote access is actually the firewall, is that correct?

Many thanks,
Options
2015-09-25 14:19:25
If none of them are checked, nobody can see the router from outside. No worries.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 463

Replies: 3

Related Articles