Archer D2 AC 750

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer D2 AC 750

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer D2 AC 750
Archer D2 AC 750
2015-09-24 21:51:34
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Bought this in May and used it with ADSL with success as had great Wi--Fi signal. Recently my area had fibre become available so jumped at the chance. I am with plusnet so used their crappy router along with the Openreach modem. The Technicolor Plusnet thing gives me very poor wi-fi so I tried to use my D2 but it can't get an internet connection. I downloaded the new firmware and tried again still no joy. Can the D2 handle DSL or not is my question and if it can how do I achieve and internet connection as I followed what Plusnet gives as it configuration.
Options
5 Reply
Re:Archer D2 AC 750
2015-09-25 10:35:27
Plusnet provides ADSL or VDSL for you?
How about status of ADSL light when you plug the telephone line to D2?
What configuration parameters did you get from plusnet? VPI/VCI, connection type, username and password?
Options
2015-09-25 17:11:56
I have tried to connect the same way the Technicolor is done, with a direct connection using cat5 ethernet cabling into Wan/Lan port 4, leaving the phone connection in the Openreach modem. Have also tried connecting the phone connection into the Archer D2 for about 15 mins in the ADS phone input socket. The icon on the router just kept on flashing then going off and in the web interface the internet globe kept on saying connecting and the giving the "X" beside it, So I have tried the two ways to get a connection still with no joy, I have noticed that the wan port in the Plusnet web interface has an ip address all of its own. Do I need to go into the advanced setup and manual input in connection types. I am OK doing things like this but some of the abbreviations and terms are a mystery to me.

I have got all those details from Plusnet fairly straight forward to do: Connection Type / Encapsulation --->PPPoE Always On
The rest is just user name and password which I know are correct.

[/TD]
[TD]
Options
2015-09-28 18:06:45
I am bumped on this thread? Just a quick answer can I take the output from Openreach modem into the Wan/Lan port 4 and receive fibre or not? If not do I need to buy new router and which one should I get around the £60 mark. My needs are quite simple on the wireless front although I do play on-line games like Project Car but that's done through a wired connection.
Options
2015-09-29 14:00:01
Telephone line or Fibre optic link is connected to the openreach supplied modem for internet access? Without a router, you can access internet directly or not?
If it is fibre optic link, you have to connect the openreach modem to LAN4/WAN port of D2 and configure it as a wireless router. Try dynamic IP as the WAN connection type.
If it is telephone line, you have to confirm it is VDSL or ADSL. VDSL is not supported by D2 in modem router mode.
Options
2015-09-29 17:07:33
No, the green fibre cabinet is about 300 metres away, so it is copper into the house and copper to the Openreach modem. If you mean by this, " Without a router, you can access internet directly or not?", taking Line 1 from Openreach modem directly into my desktop computer, no have never tried that! Yes I have tried that setting in my config of the Archer D2 "dynamic IP" as that's the type of connection I have with Plusnet. So are you saying that I can't then? I need to have a wireless router that has the Blue​ port that takes rj45 cable.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 518

Replies: 5

Related Articles