TL-PA211KIT V3 Firmware (Clarification Needed)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-09-26 01:17:45
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Region : Malaysia
Model : TL-PA211KIT
Hardware Version : V3
Firmware Version : 200B-1.1.0.846-02-20121116-FINAL
ISP : TM UniFi

Hi,

I've been experiencing this hiccup on my IPTV and I suspect it has something to do with the powerline adapter.
After much googling, it appears that a new firmware was out for v3 here: http://www.tplink.com/ie/support/download/?model=TL-PA211KIT&version=V3
and stated a fix for IPTV interruption as quoted below:

Fixed a bug that IPTV may interrupt for several seconds when STB(Set Top Box) is linked to this Powerline adapter.

I managed to get it updated. However I could not tell whether the adapter has been updated as it keeps on showing old firmware.
I've even tried upgrading with several version of the powerline utilities including the ones provided in the CD. Now using powerline utility v1.1 build 20120810

I've read one of the threads here that the firmware numbers will not be changed upon upgrade.
If so, how do I know whether the firmware has really been upgraded?

Appreciate for your swift reply. Thanks.
Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-PA211KIT V3 Firmware (Clarification Needed)
2015-09-29 14:37:19
If there is no error message during upgrade, it should have been upgraded successfully.
After upgrade, did you check if the problem has been fixed or not?
Options
Re:TL-PA211KIT V3 Firmware (Clarification Needed)
2015-09-29 14:50:24
well.. no. my IPTV still experiencing hiccup as if there were intermittent disconnection. that's why I thought the firmware has not been upgraded.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 566

Replies: 2

Related Articles