TD-W8980 Fibre Settings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TD-W8980 Fibre Settings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TD-W8980 Fibre Settings
TD-W8980 Fibre Settings
2015-09-28 20:09:52
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi folks

Just switched to plusnet fibre and want to connect my W8980. have tried for a few hours now but to no avail. can someone help me with the settings configurations please
i have tried populating user name and password, PPPoE on, switched to wireless router mode, tried with and without the openreach supplied modem , what have i missed ?
Do i need to keep the openreach modem ?
when i change all the settings the modem shows in the initial configuration tests as succesful but still nothing

thanks
Options
4 Reply
Re:TD-W8980 Fibre Settings
2015-09-29 13:55:32
Telephone line or Fibre optic link is connected to the openreach supplied modem for internet access? Without a router, you can access internet directly or not?
If it is fibre optic link, you have to connect the openreach modem to LAN4/WAN port of W8980 and configure it as a wireless router. Try dynamic IP as the WAN connection type.
If it is telephone line, you have to confirm it is VDSL or ADSL. VDSL is not supported by W8980 in modem router mode.
Options
2015-09-30 03:14:22
Thanks for the reply M Diamond. I am on FTTC so it is connected to telephone line through the Open reach modem, was pretty sure that this model is compatable, are you saying that it is not ?
Options
2015-09-30 15:07:51
If it is telephone line, is it VDSL or ADSL? Do you want to replace the openreach modem with TP-LINK or make them work together?
With VDSL connection, as TD-W8980 is not capable of it, it cannot replace the openreach modem. You have to buy models as below.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/list-15.html
Options
2015-09-30 17:36:10
Thanks for your help M Diamond, i have managed to get the settings correct and i am now online. I may take your advice and upgrade tho, gets rid of the open reach box

cheers again
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1071

Replies: 4

Related Articles