TP-Link TD W8901G unable to save changes to DNS settings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-09-29 14:17:07
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

My router is provided by my ISP.

I want to change to Open DNS, But I can't seem to save the changes when I alter from 'Auto discovered' to 'User discovered' and adding Open DNS primary & secondary servers.

Clicking on 'Save' then going to another page in the router and coming back, the DNS is 'Auto discovered' again with blanks in the DNS server fields.

In the past, with this same router I had already changed it to Open DNS, but after a few months, I noticed when checking, the DNS in there was not as I expected. It must had been hacked from the outside, I googled the DNS and it showed up as located in Moscow.

At the time I change it back from 'User discovered', to 'Auto discovered' which put it back to my ISP DNS server. When I did all this, it saved the changes OK.

Any suggestions?
Options
2 Reply
Re:TP-Link TD W8901G unable to save changes to DNS settings
2015-09-29 20:19:09
Try resetting the router and re-configuring it again and use the latest version of firmware in it.
Options
Re:TP-Link TD W8901G unable to save changes to DNS settings
2019-10-18 09:45:51

Dear @Siddhant001 

I have the same problem AFTER a reset factory AND firmware update (to TD-W8901G-120418, Rel.34102)

Do you have any other suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Siddhant001 wrote

Try resetting the router and re-configuring it again and use the latest version of firmware in it.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1213

Replies: 2