TP-Link W8968 Gives Limited Access ONLY To My laptop (Fully Detailed)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-10-01 19:45:04
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Device : TP-Link W8968
Laptop Spec :-
Win 10
i5
Dell Inspiron n5110

I have a W8968 router with this weird problem that I haven't encountered before
see the router works fine with all the laptops and the PCs in the house except MINE .. for my laptop it always gives a limited access
first I thought the issue comes from my laptop (since it's the only devices with problem in the network) I did some research and someone suggested that I turn off the security in the router and see if it works .. IT DID .. when there is no pass-phrase required my laptop connected easily with a working internet connection but when I enabled the security again the same problem emerged again .. So I know now the issue is in the router and security to be specific .. the question is how to solve this with keeping my security Enabled

the things I tried :
Router :-
1- Disable MAC Filtering -- already disabled when I checked
2- Set the Authentiction to WPA2-AES -- Done and had no effect on the limited connectivity problem
3- Change Wifi SSID -- Done and had no effect on the limited connectivity problem

Laptop :-
1- Troubleshooting the connection -- Done and had no effect on the limited connectivity problem
2- flushing DNS -- Done and had no effect on the limited connectivity problem
3- Renew IP -- Done and had no effect on the limited connectivity problem
4- Disable and enable the adapter -- Done and had no effect on the limited connectivity problem
5- Uninstall the Wireless driver and reinstalling it -- Done and had no effect on the limited connectivity problem
6- FINALLY full reset -- Done and had no effect on the limited connectivity problem

Thing to mention :
1- my laptop connects to my iPhone hot spot with no problem
2- my laptops connects to other WiFi with ease and with no problem
3- the problem only remain between this specific router and my laptop ( As I mentioned earlier other laptops and PC's can connect to this router easily
4- My laptop was running Win 7 and I have just upgraded it to Win 10 ( which I think have nothing to do with this issue because my brother have a lenovo laptop and currently upgraded it to Win 10 and he has no connectivity issues at all )

Help me please .. I am loosing My mind here :mad:
Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-Link W8968 Gives Limited Access ONLY To My laptop (Fully Detailed)
2015-10-02 17:17:05
Upgrade to the latest firmware of the router.Tell the hardware version of the router.See how to find the hardware version of the router.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-46.html

A
nd from here choose the hardware version of the router ,download the latest firmware and upgrade the firmware of the router.Then tell if problem persists.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/download/TD-W8968.html
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 363

Replies: 1

Related Articles