Archer D2 5Ghz Wifi no longer works since firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-10-13 06:51:06
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I recently updated my archer D2 router with the latest version of firmware. It was pretty out of date and I noticed that since a the version before the latest one there had been driver updates for the wifi so thought I'd better update.
The update itself went fine and was back up and running in almost every respect very quickly. Sadly the 5Ghz wifi network now no longer works. After initial setup or any minor settings change the network shows strong and my devices connect but after no more than 20mins or so the network just disappears/dies. The router insists it is working but no device can see it any longer until I turn it off and on or make some minor settings change to the wifi and save it.
At this point I decided to go back to a previous firmware version but this has not fixed the issue (I'm guessing the 'driver updates' are not being rolled back with the firmware.)
To confirm the 2.4Ghz wifi works perfectly as before (as does plugging in directly to the router) and the 5Ghz band works temporarily so I know that it isn't an issue with the devices trying to connect. It just seems the 5Ghz wifi turns itself off.

Any advice much appreciated. If there is an existing solution/thread I have missed please let me know.
Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer D2 5Ghz Wifi no longer works since firmware update
2015-10-13 11:38:52
All your clients that support 5GHz band cannot see D2's SSID?
On Wireless 5GHz---Basic Settings page, try to change the channel.
Options
2015-10-13 18:36:41

M Diamond wrote

All your clients that support 5GHz band cannot see D2's SSID?
On Wireless 5GHz---Basic Settings page, try to change the channel.

They can see it and connect to it for a while and then it just disappears like it's been turned off. I have coincidently tried different channels as this is one of the changes I spoke of that can wake it up again but only for a short time and then it disappears/turns off again. I know it's not a range thing too because I can literally put my laptop right next to the router with the same thing happening.
Options
2015-10-14 15:30:07
Did you reset the router to factory default and reconfigure it? If the problem continues, maybe it is defective.
Options
2015-10-16 20:31:01

M Diamond wrote

Did you reset the router to factory default and reconfigure it? If the problem continues, maybe it is defective.

It factory reset with the firmware upgrade. I have since tried downgrading and resetting it but no difference from that.

I have however managed to find a solution. To keep the wireless on I had to add a wireless schedule. I didn't have one set up before so not sure why this helps, but now I've told it to turn off the wifi between midnight and 5 in the morning (doesn't actually matter what time I set) both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz wifi stay on throughout the day.
Definitely seems like a software problem to me but perhaps this is just a nuiance when updating from the particular version I was on before I first did the upgrade.

Thanks for trying to help.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 670

Replies: 4