TL-PA4010 Kit management software - confusing UI

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-10-13 09:29:34
Model : TL-PA4010KIT

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I purchased 2 TL-PA4010 Kit. I connected one unit to the router, and 3 other units to wall socket.

When I ran its management software from a computer directly connected to the router, it displays the unit connected to the router as the local device, and displays 3 other units in the Network tab.

But when I ran its management software from a computer connected to one of the other 3 units, it displays this unit as the local device, and displays 3 other units ( including the one connected to the router ) in the Network tab.

This is very confusing!

Why cannot the management software always consistently display the master unit ( the one connected to the router/modem ) as local device, and all other ( slave ) units in the Network tab, no matter which computer it is running from?

Also why cannot the management software update the firmware for ALL the units ( local device + all the devices displayed in the Network tab ) at once? Right now I have to update the firmware one by one. Very cumbersome.

Also can someone tell me what the "Reset" button really means in the management software? What information does it reset?
Options
3 Reply
Re:TL-PA4010 Kit management software - confusing UI
2015-10-13 14:51:25
The utility won't display remote devices in Network tab.
You can install the new utility here and all powerline deivces in the network can be displayed.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/download/TL-PA8010P_V1.html#Utility
Options
2015-10-13 20:17:14
The URL above points to a utility for TL-PA8010P. Will it also work for my TL-PA4010 Kit?
Options
2015-10-14 15:58:07
It will. No worries.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 491

Replies: 3

Related Articles