WDS from single band to dual band router ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-10-18 00:54:49
Model : Archer D7

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 150824

ISP : (MEO Portugal)

Proposed routers involved -
Router 1 - connected to adsl2+ = Billion 8800 single band
Router 2 -(remote main access point) the Archer D7 V1 dual band.

Hi all,
I would like to place my Archer D7 router in another room and use a single band adsl router for the connection to the incoming adsl2+ line.

I want to connect the 2 routers via wds - Router 1 (connected to adsl) is a Billion 8800 2.4 Ghz only.
Router 2, is an Archer D7 (It will be used in non adsl mode as it will no longer be the primary adsl router - it will be used as a normal wireless router and will be the primary AP)

Ok, so.... Both routers support WDS. but obviously the Billion router has only single band 2.4 Ghz.

The question is thus - If I connect the two routers on 2.4Ghz via WDS, will the users on router 2 connected via 5Ghz be able to see the internet connection on Router 1 (which is WDS connected from the archer D7 2.4Ghz to the Billion 8800 2.4Ghz. which is itself connected to the adsl internet (24Mb_

Phew ;-) - connecting the system will be easier than explaining it lol ;-) ..

I am about to push the button on the Billion router as I really do need to move the Archer to a more central point. WIRED connection is not a good option here as we live in concrete house and running cables is not easy.

The internet is 24Mbit adsl only - It is this I want available on the remote D7 Archer on Dual band.

Many thanks

J.
Options
1 Reply
Re:WDS from single band to dual band router ?
2015-10-18 15:43:48
WDS mode between routers from different producer is often impossible to configure.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 574

Replies: 1

Related Articles