Archer vr900 - need advice about some parameter

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-10-21 17:17:16
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,

I plan to buy, for my small business, an archer VR900.

my question is about something like hairpin nat, or loopback :
I am not sure to have used the proper name. here is my situation, and question :

I host myself a website, on my server.
I bought a domain name. which target the ip of my current adsl router.
I defined on my router the nat to redirect all internet data on prt 80 to the server.

this is working fine.
but, locally, from any device on the local network, I cannot access to the server : any try to use the domain url redirect me to the adsl router.

after making some research, I found post talking about loopback, or hairpin nat, to solve this problem.
the support team told me that there is not parameter in the archer VR900 to achieve hairpin nat.

but, on some forum, some guy says : some high quality router may not have parameter, but redirect properly the connection, when a local device try to access to a local server, using an external domain name.

so my question is :
is it the case of the VR900 ?

thanks
Olivier
Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer vr900 - need advice about some parameter
2015-10-22 11:33:36
Olivier, VR900 supports NAT loopback but you have to upgrade the latest firmware first.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/download/Archer-VR900_V1.html#Firmware
Options
Re:Archer vr900 - need advice about some parameter
2015-10-22 19:18:46
thanks for the feedback.
Olivier
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 692

Replies: 2

Related Articles