TD-W9970 wi-fi security problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-10-23 23:39:19
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

[B]I bought a TD-W9970 modem (Firmware Version: 0.9.1 2.5 v0025.0 Build 150831 Rel.61883n[B]) couple a days ago and it working through VDSL PPPoE.[B][B][B]
Every devices that connected to modem via LAN cables are working perfect, but my laptop (with Win 7 x64) that connected through a wi-fi, have some strange issue:

[B][B][B]Every 10-20 minutes it's losing [B][B][B]possibility [B][B][B]to open web sites and most programs that using internet are losing connection (except for Skype).[B][B][B]
Windows doesn't shows any problems in taskbar notifications [B][B][B]after it happening, but if I run network diagnostics it will show this message:
[B][B][B][ATTACH=CONFIG]2932[/ATTACH]
To be able to use internet again I need to disconnect manually from my wi-fi and reconnect to it again. After that it's keep working for another 10-20 minutes.

I tried to change some settings in modem setup (like DNS server and manually connection) and the only thing that seems to help is to disable wireless security option. When I turned off WPA2-PSK AES security, the connection worked perfectly for pretty long time.
[B]Turning on others security protocols (wpa-psk tkip , for example) make the problem to reappear.
The laptop itself works fine with others
[B][B][B]wi-fi networks.

Any suggestions why it happens and how to repair it?
[/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B]
Options
3 Reply
Re:TD-W9970 wi-fi security problem
2015-10-28 10:06:46
What about other wireless devices such as mobile phone,tablet?If they all have the same problem,I think it's related with the encryption.If other wireless devices work fine,maybe it a compatible issue with your laptop.You can check if there's a new driver for your network adapter.If yes,you can update the driver and check it solved the problem or not.
Options
2015-10-28 10:17:49
Options
2015-10-29 00:42:30
The problem resolved. It was some strange DNS IP's misunderstanding between laptop and router.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 843

Replies: 3

Related Articles