TD-8616 - how to enable telnet or ssh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-10-24 20:47:26
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I've just purchased a TD-8616 to replace a Netgear modem. I run it bridged behind a Netgear router. The 8616 configured easily and I was quickly online, however... my voip phone is failing provider registration (I have 3 different voip providers). The ONLY thing that has changed is the modem.

I found this link http://www.tp-link.com/en/FAQ-343.html describing how to disable SIP ALG. I factory reset the modem and attempted to telnet (and ssh) to it on it's default IP address. Connection was refused

Am I able to telnet/SSH to the 8616? If not, how do I disable SIP ALG?
Options
2 Reply
Re:TD-8616 - how to enable telnet or ssh
2015-12-02 16:33:34
Hi,you can try the tool in attachment and check if it could disable SIP ALG.
File:
Disable SIP ALG TC.zipDownload
Options
Re:TD-8616 - how to enable telnet or ssh
2015-12-05 20:35:14
Thank you for the reply Ada. I'd since discovered that you cannot ssh to the 8616 so maybe the tool you provided is the only way to disable SIP ALG.

Fortunately for me, the problem corrected itself. It took several hours for the VOIP registration to complete. I have no idea why it took so long.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2286

Replies: 2