How to check who's using my connection + how much bandwidth are they using of it + how to limit bandwidth per user

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

How to check who's using my connection + how much bandwidth are they using of it + how to limit bandwidth per user

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-10-29 02:42:38
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Dear all,

As the title says; I need to know how to check who's using my connection + how much bandwidth are they using of it + how to limit bandwidth per user.

I have a tp-link 150mbps Firmware Version : 1.0.0 Build 140227 Rel.07188 for my DSL house shared connection.

Thank you
Options
2 Reply
Re:How to check who's using my connection + how much bandwidth are they using of it + how to limit bandwidth per user
2015-11-03 15:55:07
You can check DHCP it will show all the clients connect to the router.You can check the data using in statistics.And there's bandwidth control function,you can limit the bandwidth there.
Options
How to check who's using my connection + how much bandwidth are they using of it
2020-02-08 08:19:07

Hi @elio 

To know who's using your WiFi connection you can follow 2 methods: 

Method 1: Using apps and softwares

There are a lot of apps and softwares available which can show you how many and which devices are connected to your wifi network.

For android phones:

Who is on my WiFi is the best app which will help you detect and block unauthorized users from your wifi.

It is only 5.5MB and has over 1 million downloads.

For iOS users:

Fing – Network Scanner an iOS app that allows you to see all the connected devices, their operating systems and the nature of their connection, MAC address and many more parameters.

For Desktop users:

1.) Wireless Network Watcher is one of the best network analyzer software that requires no setting up of IP address ranges and starts scanning your main network adapter automatically for connected devices.

Once it scans the IP addresses on your WiFi network (which it does very fast) you will get information like IP address, device name, MAC address, device manufacturer, and detection count.

To know Method 2 visit: How to Check If Someone is Using My WiFi 

How to know how much bandwidth they are using? 

Visit How to Give Bandwidth Priority to an Application over Another for more details.

Saish K Owner TechK47 www.techk47.com
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 15489

Replies: 2