Td-W8970 V3 wired connection problem with laptop

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-11-01 01:14:39
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi all,

I bought the TD-W8970 V3 and when i connect a lan cable from my laptop, it's connecting and disconnecting and so on, so i tried it between my other router TL-WR1024ND V2 with the same cable to see if it is a cable or a laptop problem but i got a constant connection with out any disconnections so the problem is with the TD-W8970, so i don't dare to upgrade the firmware without a constant connection, Does anyone have a solution for this. I have no other problems using the modem/router, only an increase of dsl speed compared my other modem(Thomson Speedtouch).

Thanks.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Td-W8970 V3 wired connection problem with laptop
2015-11-01 17:19:00
This LAN cable is made with ethernet specification?

Options
Re:Td-W8970 V3 wired connection problem with laptop
2015-11-02 01:32:24
The cable is not a problem, it's a straight utp cable, i tested it with a lan cable tester and the lights light up in the good order, but here is a funny thing, i have tried to use a powerline adapter's to see if there is a difference and the connection is good no disconnection's at all and when i connect my laptop straight to the TD-W8970 it's connection is constant disconnecting and connecting, i have absolutely no idea whats going on now, i used the powerline adapters to upgrade the firmware, but the problem is still there. Really strange.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 735

Replies: 2

Related Articles