Static routing not masintained after reboot in TD-W8970

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-11-04 04:21:01
Model : TD-W8970

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version : 0.9.1 1.2 v0035.0 Build 150427 Rel.63930n

ISP : Movistar

In the changelog of the firmware (I have the last one ), it is stated as bug fixed:

2.Fixed the bug that the static route didn't take effect after a reboot.

Nevertheless, although the static routes are saved a left as enabled, after a reboot they remain as enabled in the menu, but are no longer active. You have to mark them again and press "enable selected" to be operative again.

I am using the router as a wireless AP, and to have time established, it is the only way to obtain it through the NTP servers (which IP are declared in the static routes and directed to the gateway). After doing al the process again after the reboot, pressing Get GMT work again.

Is there any way to solve this issue?. I would like to have the time re-updated automatically after each reboot, but with the static routing not taking effect after the reboot it is impossible, and it is very tedious to to it again manually.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Static routing not masintained after reboot in TD-W8970
2015-11-12 15:10:03
When the router connect to the Internet,it will automatically update the time.
If it doesn't update automatically,you can try to set local NTP server on TD-W8970.
I think it could solve the problem.
Options
Re:Static routing not masintained after reboot in TD-W8970
2015-11-17 02:26:46
Thank you ADA for your answer.
As I indicated in my post, the router is configured as an Access point, so no direct access to Internet through the WAN. Nevertheless, through static routing, I have declared the IPs of local NTP servers and and directed to the gateway (192.168.1.1, the main router), and I have also included then in the NTP page. This allows me to get the date updated when I press "Get GMT", but I am not sure if it can be done automatically, mainly because after any reboot or disconnection, the link in the static routing is lost (error that it is supposedly corrected in my firmware version: 2.Fixed the bug that the static route didn't take effect after a reboot.)
My question here is if the problem with static routing can be solved, and then perhaps the problem of date/hour automatic update will be also solved.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 492

Replies: 2

Related Articles