Static routing not enabled after reboot in TD-W8970

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-11-05 02:35:11
Model : TD-W8970

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version : 0.9.1 1.2 v0035.0 Build 150427 Rel.63930n

ISP : Movistar

I have my router TD-W8970 working as wireless AP (static route 192.168.1.2, no DHCP, connected to LAN port of main router). In order to acquire the time through a NTP, I needed to stablish static routes for the NTP servers IPs, and then, after enabling them, in Time Settings menu, i pushed GET GMT and voila, the correct time and date were there.

But I realized, that after a reboot, the static routes were there in the menu and marked as "enabled", but they did not worked. I had to mark them again and press "Enable Selected". Curiously, in the changelog of the firmware version I have, there was a line stating:

2.Fixed the bug that the static route didn't take effect after a reboot.

Is is possible to have it really fixed.

I would like also, with my configuration (router as AP), to update automatically the date and time after a reboot. Is it possible using the static routes and not pressing manually the GET GMT button?
Options
3 Reply
Re:Static routing not enabled after reboot in TD-W8970
2015-11-12 14:54:55
Actually,if the TD-W8970 have Internet access it will auto update to the Internet Time.
If it doesn't updated,you can find a NTP server IP of your region.
Then fill in the NTP server and time should update automatically now.
Options
Same static route issue
2015-11-30 20:46:57
I have exactly the same issue. I just upgraded my firmware thinking (because of the bug fix comment in the release notes) that it would fix the static route problem. But it doesn't. Whenever the router is rebooted it "forgets" that it should have an active static route. If you log in and disable the static route then re-enable it, the route starts working again. So the new firmware (Build 150427 Rel.63930n) clearly hasn't fixed it.

So...
Is there a newer version?
Are TP-Link going to actually fix it?
Is it worth me trying to log a fault with TP-Link?

It's an OK router otherwise. This issue just makes it a bit of a pain to look after.

John
Options
It's worse than that....
2015-12-04 22:59:46
So having checked a little further.... It seems that with this firmware version the static route only works to the router itelf. So from another network I can ping and connect to the TP-Link router but not to any other devices on the TP-Link subnet. Time to open a support ticket to TP-Link I guess.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 515

Replies: 3

Related Articles