Archer D9 SNR Adjustment?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-11-12 18:02:07
Model : Archer D9

Hardware Version : v1 00000000

Firmware Version : 0.9.1 0.1 v0041.0 Build 150826 Rel.42046n

ISP : BSkyB, (Not ISP router)

Hey All,

I have an Archer D9 Wireless ADSL2+ Modem Router.
I was wandering if anyone has been able to or knows if there is a way to adjust the SNR on an ADSL connection.

I've looked around on the Forum but not been able to find anything relating to it, could be I am searching for it wrong.

Thanks!
Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer D9 SNR Adjustment?
2015-11-13 16:25:06
I think this SNR is just the status of your network environment. The cables, devices and modem as well all affect it . I am sorry that you can not adjust it.
Options
Re:Archer D9 SNR Adjustment?
2015-11-13 16:53:16
Hi Issac,

SNR is Signal to Noise Ratio - in other words a measurement in decibels of the Signal strength to the level of Noise on the line.
The higher your SNR is, the better, as there is less background Noise.

SNR fluctuates on all lines throughout the course of the day by various amounts. Signal strength is usually best during the early part of the day. During the evenings "Noise" often occurs due to more people being at home and turning on electrical equipment etc. Electromagnetic Noise can be introduced on your line from various sources around your home and neighbouring area. The list of sources for noise is practically endless, but common culprits could be TVs, PCs, lighting, heating, pumps etc. There's also something called "cross talk" which is a small amount interference picked up on your line from other users adsl connections between the home and the exchange. [FONT=arial]

There are certain adsl routers (Billion) that allow for you to manually configure the SNR which then gives you a better download and upload connection, there is also custom firmwares that allow for making these types of adjustments also, I was hoping as you can ssh to the router you would be able to configure it from there but it looks unlikely.

Thanks,

[/FONT]
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 556

Replies: 2

Related Articles