Forwarding 445/tcp to nas on lan timeouts

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-11-14 04:26:25
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hey everybody!I have a TL-WDR4300 as gateway along with a 24/7 up NAS on my network. I had 22/tcp and 80/tcp forwarded successfully, also 548/tcp (Apple Filing Protocol), it was all working for ages. I decided to switch the file sharing on my NAS from AFP to SMB, to work better with the computers I use, since the latter protocol became default on the newer versions of OS X. Strangely I couldn't get it to work from WAN.I can reach my NAS from LAN on port 445. I can also reach it from home via the WAN ip or ddns address I use. However I can't connect to it from anywhere else. All the other ports are still open. I contacted the ISP and they told me there is no restriction on their side. I also got a new modem, because someone I know told me they had a similar issue and the culprit was the new kind of modem the company recently started handing out. But it's still not working.When I change only the WAN port of the forward rule to anything, keeping the internal one at 445, it connects without a problem. The same happens when redirecting to my desktop pc, so it's not the NAS.The only culprit remaining on the network is the router.I noticed there is a storage sharing option, but I never had that enabled. Though I think the problem must relate to that somehow.My firmware was quite recent but to be sure I have just upgraded today to the newest one, but the issue persists.Does anyone have an idea where to move forward?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 442

Replies: 0

Related Articles