How to disable port 445 TCP on my AX1500 router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-08 05:33:14
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I WFH a lot at the moment, and one day I noticed I had gotten an email from my employers IT support saying they had cut me out of all connections (Outlook and Teams excluded) due to the following issue:

''The below notification is due to your device currently being a target of credential bruteforce.

It appears that your home network with public IP (REDACTED) has port forwarded 445 TCP and is available on the internet.''

In order to get back to being able to use my home internet I must disable port 445 TCP on my routers side. However I can't seem to find any settings that would allow me to do so.

I read somewhere in this forum that port 445 is closed by default. That doesn't seem to be the case (at least with this router) so please don't mention that.

Options
1 Reply
Re:How to disable port 445 TCP on my AX1500 router
2023-09-08 06:53:01

JonDaniel wrote

I read somewhere in this forum that port 445 is closed by default. That doesn't seem to be the case (at least with this router) so please don't mention that.

@JonDaniel 

Hi,

Any port could potentially be open on any router model as long as the "UPnP" feature is activated on it. 

Therefore I would check this first. If it is, then deactivate it and check again if port 445 is still open.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 629

Replies: 1

Related Articles