Home directory for FTP users on W8968

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-12-05 00:01:38
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello, I am using the USB sharing feature of this router to share an USB stick via FTP. In the usb stick 3 wireless ip cameras will upload snapshots. The cameras have an embedded ftp client, but I can only configure the server address, user and password. I can not configure the upload ftp folder so I can not set the volume where the usb stick is mounted... and when the cameras try to upload the pictures they get a writing error because they login at the root (/) directory.Is there any way to configure the home directory for each ftp users ?...this will point the ftp users to their home (the volume where the usb stick is mounted) and will fix the problem.Thanks
Options
2 Reply
Re:Home directory for FTP users on W8968
2015-12-08 15:56:52
Maybe you can contact TP-LINK support team and ask them to improve it.
Options
Re:Home directory for FTP users on W8968
2015-12-09 23:56:45
I reported this support ticket:
Hello, I am using the USB sharing feature of this router to share an USB pendrive via FTP.
In the USB pendrive an IP camera will upload snapshots. The camera has an embedded ftp client where I configured de ftp server (192.168.1.1, the router) and user: camera /password: camera. The volume published is "/Snapshots". Of course I granted the access to the volume to that user. After the camera login and attempts to upload the pictures it gets a writing error (no permission) because the directory where it login by default is not inside the /Snapshot, but in an upper directory where it does not have rights to write.
Since the camera can not make a "cd ./Snapshot", of course it is not a human, the upload fails.
Is there any way to configure the home directory for a ftp user ?, for example in /etc/passwd..this will point the ftp user to their home (the volume where the usb stick is mounted) and will fix the problem.
May be a firmware upgrade, where the WebUI show a check box in order to allow the admin set the volume published, as "home directory".
Thanks
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 462

Replies: 2

Related Articles