FTP Users - Home Directory ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-12-05 06:06:28
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

How can I define the home directory for ftp users ?... by default when an user connects to the router via ftp, the home directory is / (root), with no permissions to write on it.
I have an IP camera that takes snapshots and upload them via ftp to the USB sharing, but the uploads fails because the camera can not write to the /

The solution would be to define the home directory for the ftp users...

Is it possible to set it ?

I have a TD-W8968 V2

Thanks
Options
4 Reply
Re:FTP Users - Home Directory ?
2015-12-06 00:57:23
Options
2015-12-07 22:11:53
Thanks jimasek, but that link shows exactly the bug that I am reporting (requesting help) in this thread.
Note that in the example of that link, a new folder is created and shared with the name "Cindy-Test" (wich points to the directory "Music" in sda device)... then when the user logs in, he does not log inside the "Cindy-Test" folder, he logs in an upper folder... in fact this is a bug, because he wont be able to write in that folder... he will have to move inside the "Cindy-Test".

In my case, I have a camera that uploads snapshots to a ftp server... in the camera´s settings I define : 1) ftp server 2) user 3) passw..... and the file transfer fails because the user logs in an upper folder (no writing rights)
Options
2015-12-08 01:15:49
Can you check ftp access on the computer? You have to enter in browser ftp://192.168.1.1 ( ftp://router_ip)
Options
2015-12-08 23:55:16
hello.... thanks again for your support. The answer is yes, I checked the access from the computer in two ways, via console/ftp command and via browser. In both cases the user can login successfully, but not "inside" the published folder. You can try it... publish a directory to an user, open a console and ftp the router, after login try to "put test_file" and you will get an write error due to permissions... of course if you change directory ("cd published_directory") then you will be able to write in it... I think the solution would be to have a check mark in the WebUI to define the published directory as the "home directory". Thanks
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 454

Replies: 4

Related Articles