Connection problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Connection problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Connection problem
Connection problem
2015-12-06 22:21:06
Model : TD-W8970

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version : 0.9.1 1.2 v0035.0 Build 150427 Rel.63930n

ISP :

Hi, after spending some time trying to figure out what the problem can be, i've decided to ask for help here, it all started when i switched my old modem with the TD-W8970 v3, this happens all the time i boot up my desktop running Windows 10 pro, when i press the power button the ethernet leds(the one in the motherboard) works fine, but when the Windows logo appear, they turn off for no reason, like if there is no cable connected, and after messing around with the Windows utility and Realtek Diagnostic Tool, testing the cables, the card and drivers, it seems somehow to "find" the ethernet cable that was plugged in the whole time.
Seriously i need help, tried updating the drivers (actually replaced them with the same version cause they where already updated) tried some generic drivers, tried to run the in safe mode (even in safe mode with networking the leds turn off as the Windows logo appear) to change/update/replace drivers, did a rollback of the whole system, updated Windows 10 pro to the last version (who came out few week ago i think) tried another ethernet cable, another port in the modem, but actually nothing worked so far.

And if you are wondering tried my cable on another desktop and on a laptop and it works fine, and if i plug back my old modem this problem disappear.

So, what wrong? Any help is appreciated and sorry for the bad english.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Connection problem
2015-12-17 15:15:20
Don't know why this happened.
Maybe it's a compatibility issue between the modem and your network adapter.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 438

Replies: 1

Related Articles