w8970 v3 wifi settings for highest power?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-12-10 07:05:18
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi friends,
I was use D-link ADSL modem but i was unhappy about its wifi covarege power .It was stand in other room and my phone alwayas connecting it from lowest bar.So i bought w8970v3 today.cause i read it has 2pcs 5dbi antenna

but after i installed , i m not too much happy about its wifi power. my phone is connecting only one bar more from d-link . and still my down stair neighbour wifi power more strong from w8970.
how can it be? it makes me crazy

so what should i set wifi mode,channel and width?
now i m using as defult like auto and 11bgn mixed.

i m waiting your advices.

thanks in advance
Options
2 Reply
Re:w8970 v3 wifi settings for highest power?
2015-12-11 01:26:54
Make sure you have the correct region set under wireless settings.

If you don't have any 802.11b and/or 802.11g only clients change wireless mode to n, when wireless mode is set to n 802.11b and/or 802.11g only clients won't be able to connect to the wireless.

802.11AC clients will connect to 802.11N wireless APs just fine.

Reducing channel width to 20MHz may slightly improve range. 20MHz generally has more than sufficient bandwidth for ADSL2+ but if streaming/transferring data to/from/between wireless clients 20MHz may reduce wireless throughput.

Try a few different wireless channels, it's a good idea to try channels 1, 6 and 11 at the very least.

If your area has a lot of 2.4GHz wireless networks 20MHz is highly recommended and try every channel as one channel or channels may provider better range than the other channel(s).

The TD-W8970's wireless AP just isn't very powerful and replacing antennas with the aftermarket 8dBi TP-LINK antennas only marginally increased performance in my experience.

More modern 802.11AC wireless APs have higher wireless power and generally better range.
Options
Re:w8970 v3 wifi settings for highest power?
2015-12-11 02:31:57
You have to know that connection between router and phone is two-way and in your case phone has too small antennas inside over the box
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 575

Replies: 2

Related Articles