TD-W9970, BT and static IPs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-12-15 20:04:05
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : Latest

ISP : BT

I recently migrated to BT Infinity with some static IPs and I am tearing my hear out trying to work out how to use them.

With previous ISPs once I connected to ADSL I was allocated one of my static IPs and it was trivial to use the others as I needed to.
With BT when I connect to their VDSL service I am allocated a random IP with a corresponding gateway which is separate from my static IP/gateway allocation.

I have my own firewall which I want to use in place of BT's hub but I can't see how to pick up the random IP and then use the statics on it because I can't set a different default gateway.

I bought the W9970 so that I could go firewall (one static IP) -> W9970 (bridged or static IP?) -> BT network but I can't get it working. I admit I am not at all familiar with the W9970 so I may be missing something completely obvious.

I can connect to the VDSL service with no problem but I then tried creating an additional 'Bridge' WAN port - which claims to be connected - but I can't access the static IP Gateway from a laptop configured with the correct static IP and subnet.

I then tried creating an interface group with one LAN port (static IP/network) and the bridged WAN but that didn't work either.

Am I overthinking it or missing something? Is there a way to make this work or am I wasting my time and will have to succumb to the BT hub?

Thanks for any advice.
Options
1 Reply
Re:TD-W9970, BT and static IPs
2015-12-28 16:58:15
Hi,I have replied on your another post.
You can check if it could help.
http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?84598-Disable-NAT-on-W9970
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 338