Archer VR900 - losing internet settings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-12-18 06:37:20
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Firmware Version:0.9.1 1.3 v004c.0 Build 151111 Rel.31301n Hardware Version:Archer VR900 v1 00000000

Hi all,

Having a slight issue with what seems to be the router retaining the isp login details. If the router is turned off or loses power when it is turned back on I have to go in to quick setup and go through the process of inputting connection details (although the login name and password is saved). I have a PPPoE connection and usually I have to run through a dynamic IP connection and fail that first before I can get back on the internet. My ISP is Talk-Talk but we get that through Utility Warehouse. I am using the Archer VR900 as a router+modem, as when trying to use it as a router only it doesn't seem to connect from the modem we got issued, although I think that would resolve the problem if I could get that working.

This issue also occurred with the previous firmware too. Not sure if I'm missing any essential details here but if anyone could help that would be great.

Thanks.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Archer VR900 - losing internet settings
2015-12-18 23:45:31
Can you try without "quick setup"?
Options
2015-12-20 20:14:18
Hi,

Do you mean just putting the internet connection settings in basic or advanced? The settings are still stored there (isp, vlan id, connection type, username, password) and when I open up tplinkmodem.net it will say at the start internet is connected but if I click save on the settings it will then show disconnected. I then have to try connecting to something like dynamic IP so I get the message asking if I want to delete conflicting settings, or something like that and then put it back to PPPoE.

This happened just now, chrome showed the message "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG". In the advanced settings I added the primary and secondary DNS server details if that is any relevance.

Not sure if this is relevant, but one of my PCs that is connected wirelessly struggles to connect to the internet on the 2.4GHz range after the internet drops out and I usually have to connect to it on the 5GHz range first but after that it usually has no problems.

Any ideas? Thanks.
Options
2017-06-05 19:38:56

Fanjita wrote

Hi,

Do you mean just putting the internet connection settings in basic or advanced? The settings are still stored there (isp, vlan id, connection type, username, password) and when I open up tplinkmodem.net it will say at the start internet is connected but if I click save on the settings it will then show disconnected. I then have to try connecting to something like dynamic IP so I get the message asking if I want to delete conflicting settings, or something like that and then put it back to PPPoE.

This happened just now, chrome showed the message "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG". In the advanced settings I added the primary and secondary DNS server details if that is any relevance.

Not sure if this is relevant, but one of my PCs that is connected wirelessly struggles to connect to the internet on the 2.4GHz range after the internet drops out and I usually have to connect to it on the 5GHz range first but after that it usually has no problems.

Any ideas? Thanks.

I was having this problem too. I kept getting DNS probe finished bad config or some error like that. I got to know from a forum online that I could clear my browser history and toggle my network connection. It didn't yield immediate effect for me, but in the second time, it did. I guess I hadn't cleared my Chrome history in quite a while. Or maybe my PC is getting slow. So found a new solution and finally it worked for me : http://errorcodespro.com/fix-error-dns_probe_finished_bad_config-for-android-mac-chrome/
Options
2017-06-06 15:23:57

Fanjita wrote

Hi,

Any ideas? Thanks.

The same problem here
Options
2018-06-16 17:54:40
Thanks a lot for the post. It has helped me get some nice ideas. I hope I will see some really good result soon.
Options
2018-06-16 17:55:15
Thank you for such a well written article.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 992

Replies: 6