Help, TD-W8968 to repeat and extend Virgin Media Super Hub wi-fi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-12-24 00:51:51
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I lost whole day trying to make this work:

Internet->Virgin SuperHub (wireless) TD-W8968 ->(wireless) laptop, PC, other devices.

Is it not possible?
I tried with bridging wi-fi, setting same network, different network, many different settings -nothing worked as above.

I stuck now.
Is it not possible to set up this thing to be a repeater (extender) of SuperHub wi-fi signal? Or maybe I am missing something (menu is quite rich in potions)?

HELP!
Options
2 Reply
Re:Help, TD-W8968 to repeat and extend Virgin Media Super Hub wi-fi
2015-12-28 17:48:02
If you want to extend your wireless network.
You can refer to the UG below.(Page 79-80)
http://www.tp-link.com/res/down/doc/TD-W8968_V4_UG.pdf
Options
Re:Help, TD-W8968 to repeat and extend Virgin Media Super Hub wi-fi
2015-12-30 16:32:01
Hi, thank you for response.

I followed steps in UG.

I have reset it.
Plugged in cable, logged in from my PC to web admin panel.
Changed wifi channel to one of my Virgin: channel 11. Then set it to be bridge, selected my virgin router.

Next I was comparing signal strength in my garden with this router on and off. No difference in signal strength. :/

I am not sure if my mobile was actually getting correct signal. Should TD-W8968 be 'transparent'? Just passing signal without informing that it is on the way?
If this is how it should be this device is not extending wi-fi signal.
It is not being displayed in my 'Virgin Super Hub 2' as connected device too - so I think there may be something I am still missing. This would explain lack of improvement on signal strength in the garden.

Do I need to set up something else or this is it - no other options are possible?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1360

Replies: 2

Related Articles