Just installed a D9 AC1900, no broadband!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-12-30 21:28:23
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

After installation, there is no "internet light". When I go into the diagnostics and start the test, it passes everything apart from "authentication from isp". I'm using the same broadband username and password as on my original router that was supplied with the one my isp sent me (EE). I suspect that the broadband pass/user is wrong, but it works perfectly with my old router? If I try setting up the router with the cd, part 2 fails where it tried to verify the settings or something like that.

If I request my broadband username/password the ee customer service is completely useless as I'm apparently not the original account holder? So I'm pretty much stuck here. This is the first 3rd party router that I've ever purchased and the experience so far is pretty awful. When copying the settings from my previous router, errors still occur. So far, nothing has worked.

It doesn't help that EE is pretty stupid in the way they have the broadband username/password separate from your account credentials. E.g it's PRODUCTIONHQNUN 1234567@fs where the bit in bold is the password. I've looked up on the internet and putting the bold part in the password category does pretty much nothing for me as the authentication from isp still fails.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 217

Replies: 0