Unidentified network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Unidentified network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Unidentified network
Unidentified network
2015-12-31 21:38:18
Model : TL-PA411KIT

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version : 500A10.0.0.337-01-20120309-FINAL

ISP : Virgin

I have 1 adapter downstairs plugged into socket connected to Virgin Superhub and the other upstairs straight up in a socket as well connected to my laptopt. All of the leds light up and the utility sees both devices, yet I can't get connection as network manager leaves me hanging with unidentified network. I only get auto assigned ipv4 of 169.254.150.52 and mask 255.255.0.0 but no gateway. Tried pretty much everything; same strip, swapping devices around, fiddling with syncing, naming bth devices the same, updating firmware, making sure I don't have bonjour running to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.
Options
3 Reply
Re:Unidentified network
2016-01-13 14:37:23
It sounds like what happened to my devices recently. They were not paired correctly. What is strange, is that all the lights would be light up solid green suggesting a good, solid link. However, I would rarely get a connection randomly and sometimes get the same auto-assigned ip and mask plus the correct gateway. I ended up needing to reset all powerline adapters and re-pair to get it working again.

For me, my recent troubles started when my ISP flashed new firmware to modem with ipv6.
Options
Unidentified Network
2016-01-29 05:24:05
I see you have the same problem. Did anyone actually answer to that question, gave some answers how to fix it??
Options
Re:Unidentified network
2016-01-29 17:28:39
I am still trying to figure it out myself. When I have connection recently, it is half the speed I used to get. However, I do get ipv6 and ipv4 connectivity.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 676

Replies: 3

Related Articles