VR900 DSL light off but internet still working issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-01-03 20:27:12
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

FW: 0.9.1 1.3 v004c.0 Build 151111 Rel.31301n

I have a strange issue where the DSL light goes off for a while and then comes back on again for a while (this repeats) but I do NOT appear to lose internet connection. I think this has only started happening while doing a huge upload of photos to Google (over 14000 photos). I am on VDSL, with about 37 Mbps download and 1.9 Mbps upload speeds. If I look in the system logs I see no errors at all, however sometimes when I look at the Internet Status on the Basic->Network Map page I see the status as "Disconnected" and an error of "Please try to configure your DNS manually."

The only time I used to see this light go off was with my previous VR900 that was faulty and I sent back. When the DSL light went off that I did lose connection.
Options
2 Reply
Re:VR900 DSL light off but internet still working issue
2016-01-15 03:13:48
Hi,

I think I have a similar/related issue and I've seen the exact same DSL light off that you are experiencing. The DSL light went off but all was working well. The similar issue is that when a remote NAS device logs in overnight to backup files on the local NAS device the VR900 has hung in the morning with no internet access so similar to your large file upload issue. The only way to get things
working again is to power cycle the VR900 which of course clears the logs, thats such a helpful feature :-) ... I've had this same occurance with two routers as I sent one back as faulty but the replacement is exactly the same. I'm running on BT Infinity 2 Fibre using the VR900 modem so directly plugged into the BT Openreach RJ11 socket.
Options
Re:VR900 DSL light off but internet still working issue
2016-01-18 16:39:23
Hi all
Here same problem but the internet connection goes down, remains down until by admin console i try swiutch up the connection. Somestimes return me the message to control the DNS but that occurs with my ISP DSN and with google DNS. Sometimes the connction stays up for hours, sometimes for seconds. For two months all ok but suddendly the issue came up. I flashed all three firmware but nothing has changed. My whole family life a part of business depends on robust internet connection and now i have to run with my old netgear :-( ! Btw Flashing the last fw all ISP in the wizard are German ISP !!!! and u have to select "Others" from the combobox. !!!!
I don't know if is a software issue or the broadcomm chip is broken. If i can try to analyse some parameters or events that is tp-link that has to say!

Regards

Marco Ferrauti
Municipality of Bolzano Google Admin
Options