TD-W9980 Streaming music from attached external usb drive freezes/skips sporadically

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TD-W9980 Streaming music from attached external usb drive freezes/skips sporadically

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-01-06 23:36:04
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi

When I play music from my external USB drives (SSD Hybrid and standard HDD) attached to my TD W9980 router, the music skips/freezes sporadically which is very annoying, I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this when streaming music from their router and have found a solution?

I have tested the following and have had no luck in fixing the problem. I noticed music skips/freezes more often when playing from the standard HDD over the SSD hybrid drive.

Streamed music from different USB drives attached to my router.
[*]Streamed music over a wi-fi connection and wired.
[*]Streamed music to my laptop and PC.
[*]Tried different music files (mainly mp3s).

Which makes me think that it's a problem with the router and a possible configuration setting I need to modify. Anyone please have any suggestions other than to play music from my laptop/PC instead?
Options
2 Reply
Re:TD-W9980 Streaming music from attached external usb drive freezes/skips sporadically
2020-04-23 06:44:56

@Robbli Please I also want to know how to stream any music or <a href="http://theallyrics.com">songs</a> from external drive please help me to do so.

Options
Re:TD-W9980 Streaming music from attached external usb drive freezes/skips sporadically
2020-11-06 11:26:39 - last edited 2020-11-12 09:54:07

This is annoying, and I fixed it at hier

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 510

Replies: 2

Related Articles