Streaming media from NAS server were interupted

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-04 08:39:20 - last edited 2022-08-22 10:01:44
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.11 Build 20210730 rel. 54485

Hello to all,

i have just change my wifi router to a TP Link Archer AX50 because I changed my internet provider. Router works fine, but I have one case, which is in my opininion not good. In my local network I have NAS storage device QNAP TS251+ which is connected to the router with to ethernet cables. The NAS server works as a multimedia server and this enable me to watch videos and films on my Smart TV which is also connected to router via ethernet cable. But if I play some videos it play for example for 10 minutes and crashed. TV start playing from satelite and I have to manually reached the same video and play it again. And everything repeat again. Before I had ZTE DSL router with same connection my local network and this case never appear.

Could you please help me to solve my case? Some setup in router in LAN network? I am really beginer in this.

Thank you very much.

Have a nice day

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Streaming media from NAS server were interupted-Solution
2022-08-05 06:40:37 - last edited 2022-08-22 10:01:44

@Robinn 

Is this AX50 working as the main router and DHCP gateway in the network? Are the QNAP TS251+ and TV obtaining IP addresses from the AX50 automatically? You can try to set Address Reservations for them on the AX50 to give them fixed IP addresses, then monitor if it helps. This is the guide to set Address Reservation on the AX50.

If this doesn't help, please try disabling the IGMP snooping and IGMP Proxy on the AX50 (Advanced > Network > IPTV page), then reboot the AX50 to test again.

BTW, are there any other advanced or special settings you have enabled on the AX50?

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Streaming media from NAS server were interupted-Solution
2022-08-05 06:40:37 - last edited 2022-08-22 10:01:44

@Robinn 

Is this AX50 working as the main router and DHCP gateway in the network? Are the QNAP TS251+ and TV obtaining IP addresses from the AX50 automatically? You can try to set Address Reservations for them on the AX50 to give them fixed IP addresses, then monitor if it helps. This is the guide to set Address Reservation on the AX50.

If this doesn't help, please try disabling the IGMP snooping and IGMP Proxy on the AX50 (Advanced > Network > IPTV page), then reboot the AX50 to test again.

BTW, are there any other advanced or special settings you have enabled on the AX50?

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Streaming media from NAS server were interupted
2022-08-19 08:36:15

Thanks for help. I set up router as you write. Now it works. Best regards

Options
Re:Streaming media from NAS server were interupted
2022-08-22 10:03:49

@Robinn 

That's great to hear that the issue got fixed by displaying the IGMP snooping and IGMP Proxy on the AX50.yes

I will mark my previous suggestions as a "Recommended Solution" so others can benefit from them if they encounter similar issues.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 169

Replies: 3