Restrict LAN access for WiFi users

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-01-20 05:11:07
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

For the Guest WiFi network, there is an option to allow users access to the "local network" - which I don't tick

For the main WiFi network, there is no such option. To me it makes sense for added security, to have the same options.
Yes, I can use access control to only allow on specific devices, but I'd still like to be able to apply the same restrictions ... just in case.

Under Wireless>Advanced Settings is the AP Isolation option - not quite sure what this isolates ... If anyone knows for sure, then I'd be please to hear

Under Network>Interface Grouping is "Group Isolation". This blocks internet access for a Group, so that's no good either.

Our main internet access is via ethernet - WiFi is rarely used, so I don't want it wide open for no reason - I want to be able to control it.

In theory, we could use the Guest WiFi only. However, the Guest WiFi can't be on unless the main WiFi is on, so it will be open anyway ...

If anyone know how to improve this situation, I'd be pleased to hear
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 402

Replies: 0