Archer D2 Folder Sharing customize the shared content not work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-02-01 16:03:40
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

when i want to customize the shared content, switch off Share All , and click on Add to choose specific folder.
not show any thing test with fat32 and NTFS file system

Options
10 Reply
Re:Archer D2 Folder Sharing customize the shared content not work
2016-03-13 13:42:12
Hi,
if you open the menu for the Volume Name, you should see and select the drive letter of the usb disk (mine is G)

and then, clicking on Browse for Folder Path, you should navigate on the drive folder tree to choose the specific subfolder you want to share

Hope this could help you.
Cheers
Options
2016-03-17 20:12:54
I have another issue somehow related to sharing charts. I'm trying to see a video on a Samsung smart tv but the chart looks empty. It shows only few sub charts but they seems empty. When I look at it with a pc or a tablet everything is fine. I had a Netgear DGN2200V3 which worked well till few days ago. Can somebody help me? Thanks a lot
Options
2016-03-18 17:50:37
Sorry Reietto, but this is a forum for Tp-Link modem/router, not for Netgear models. It's better if you contact Netgear support or search for a Netgear forum, where you can find people who have or well know your same Netgear router
Good luck
Options
2016-03-19 02:32:07
Sorry tulving, maybe I wasn't clear. I have this issue with my brand new Archer D2 which doesn't work or I can't set to work with Samsung Smart Tv. I tried to attach an external Hdd to the D2 to see films but doesn't work with a Smart Tv or I'm not able to set it. I'm thinking to return it back to the shop and get another one.
Options
2016-03-20 03:11:55
Hi Reietto, sorry, now I've understood.
Are you sure that with Netgear you were able to see all the folders and files on the Samsung TV?
To set it, you have to go to Advanced -> USB Settings -> Sharing Access, and check if Media Server is enable, and also, to be sure to let TV see all folders, enable the Share All option on the Folder Sharing section.
Let us know if you got it
Options
2016-03-20 20:48:59
Thanks for answering Tulving. I already did that but they didn't show up. The charts which I can see don't have any files inside, they looks like empty but with pc or Android app I see all. I can only see the avi files. If I look for "music" files they show up but I can't play them cause they're video. Maybe the Archer D2 doesn't support those kind of files.
Options
2016-03-21 17:09:23
Well, I don't think so, if you see those shared files with pc and Android, it means that the Archer D2 support them, and it seems more a problem of supported files of the TV.
If you can see and properly play those shared files by Archer D2, with a pc and Android, it means they are supported.
Have you tried to directly connect the hd with those files to the TV? Can it see and play them? To be sure the Tv support them
Options
2016-03-22 20:15:11
The tv supports them cause I already saw them with my old Netgear and with the hd directly connected to the TV. It might be the D2 which doesn't support them. In the meantime I managed to see them through the "Plex" software but the pc has to be on because it acts like a server.
Options
2016-03-23 17:00:42
Well, it's very strange, because if it was the Archer D2 the problem, it shoudn't work for smartphone and pc. By the way, I'm really sorry. I think is better you contact the support service, maybe is a firmware bug.
Options
2016-03-24 20:15:22
I'm still waiting an answer from them! Thank you for trying to help me Tulving. Maybe If they release a new firmware they will fix the problem.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 773

Replies: 10