Archer D7 Stops Broadcasting Wireless

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer D7 Stops Broadcasting Wireless

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
17 Reply
Re:Archer D7 Stops Broadcasting Wireless
2018-01-04 11:04:24

falconne wrote

Since my last post I'd upgraded to Build 170511 from the Australian site using the EU to AU conversion. I assumed since I'm in New Zealand that AU site was more appropriate. This didn't solve the problem.

Since this build number is now higher than the beta, shouldn't this include the beta fixes?

Hi Falconne, do you mind sharing how you do the EU to AU firmware conversion? I brought from Officeworks and it is the EU edition firmware too. Would prefer to change to AU if possible. Thank you.
Options
2018-01-04 16:26:53
It seems that the other routers that have a problem have the issue identified and a beta fix given to them - http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?101240-Archer-C1200-v2-management-interface-and-Wifi-dies-after-a-little-while.&p=227165&viewfull=1#post227165

Anyone know if a similar beta is available for the D7 ?

@nathanlim - go here http://www.tp-link.com.au/download/Archer-D7.html#Firmware
it tells you to "If your current firmware is AU version(160322), you can upgrade AU version(170511) directly.
If your current firmware is EU version(160216), please upgrade beta firmware(Click to download) first and then upgrade to AU version(170511)."
Options
2018-01-04 18:27:38

sandys wrote

It seems that the other routers that have a problem have the issue identified and a beta fix given to them - http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?101240-Archer-C1200-v2-management-interface-and-Wifi-dies-after-a-little-while.&p=227165&viewfull=1#post227165

Anyone know if a similar beta is available for the D7 ?

@nathanlim - go here http://www.tp-link.com.au/download/Archer-D7.html#Firmware
it tells you to "If your current firmware is AU version(160322), you can upgrade AU version(170511) directly.
If your current firmware is EU version(160216), please upgrade beta firmware(Click to download) first and then upgrade to AU version(170511)."

This beta firmware seems to give those one with Android Oreo. Do you have a Andorid Oreo?

See this on #85:
For those who is wondering, TP-Link is fully aware of the problem with the C1200.
They might as well have located the issue:

"recently update of Android OS brings up a compatibility issue with Archer C1200. You can disable the “Media control for cast devices” function.
[I][FONT=arial][B]For Android 8.0/8.1: Settings - Google - Cast media control - Media controls for cast devices"
[SIZE=3]For those who has the issue try this tip for now.

[/SIZE]We are several people contributing and helping TP-Link to locate the problem and to evaluate the fixes in their upcoming fw.
From my own personal view there is no point in sharing any beta fw until an official comes that has been tested, and confirmed working. If they wanted to make it available it would be found in the download section for the C1200 support pages..
I got a fw released yesterday (20180101) , and just flashed the router and will test and monitor the packets through the wifi.
I have nothing to do with TP-Link or their company, i'm just helping them evaluate and hopefully locate the issue. And the point with my post in this thread is just to let people now that progress is happening. I know how frustrating it is to don't get any update on things.
[I]

Peter
[/I][/FONT][/I][/B]
Options
2018-01-05 02:26:06
OK it just crashed again...
Options
2018-01-05 10:21:33

geekson wrote

OK it just crashed again...

How about disable your 5G WIFI? Some guys say it works without crash
Options
2018-01-06 00:11:45

alec_alec wrote

How about disable your 5G WIFI? Some guys say it works without crash

I've heard of that, I don't want to disable the ac wifi since that's the whole point I bought it.
I do have the same weird log entries which appears to be related to the hardware clock (
1970-01-01) which may not be able to Sync with the system clock somehow. Could this problem has happened from end of daylight saving time change of time? In fact I haven't heard from UK guys having this problem (they're UTC).
Only aussies and french dudes as far as I know.
Options
2018-01-06 02:45:55
this is terrible - atleast tplink is acknowledging this issue on c1200 and building beta fixes... but no acknowledgement for the d7.

Is this router being ignored ?
Options
Related Articles