Setup W9980 on LAN but without using DSL

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-02-25 16:31:10
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I just purchased a TP-Link W9980 DSL/Router/WiFi box. I got It mostly for the feature set and signal strength/range recommendations, and not as a DSL modem.

However, I'm pulling out my hair trying to get it set up on my LAN without using any of the DSL options.

My LAN is structured, but not complicated:

ISP supplied DSL box
<-Ethernet cable-> SonicWALL Firewall and router box (192.168.99.*) <-Ethernet cables-> to several other WiFi router boxes (192.168.xx.*),

where each WiFi box has a unique xx subnet address. This is working for several Linksys and Netgear boxes.

Up to now I have not been able to configure the W9980 WAN settings to allow it to get the SonicWALL box to supply an IP address (DHCP or static).

Also I have not found the WAN/exterior MAC address for this unit. I see the LAN and wireless MAC's, but nothing indicated as the outside MAC address.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks...RDK
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 306

Replies: 0

Related Articles