ADSL LED indicator keeps flashing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-03-14 16:56:42
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

[COLOR=#FF0000]I was using Aztech DSL Modem/Router , and it was working ok .
i tried to replace it with new TP-Link Archer D2 ADSL2+ Modem Router
after configuration , i found the ADSL LED indicator keeps flashing and not going ON
i reset the modem and re-configure it few times .. no way ..!!
but when i try my old modem with the same cable and the same configuration
it worked directly .. !!!
so.. it is not about the cable or the configuration ..
what else ..
i called the TP-Link technical support line, i talked to someone and explain my problem , but he only try to
tell me how to configure the modem .. i followed his instructions .. but no way ..!!
he decided that ther is some wrong in The modem and i should returen it back or change it ..
so .. i went to the shop and return the modem back, and bought another one :
TP-Link TD-W8980
i try it ... but same problem
i call the technical support line again 3 - 4 times .. but each time they tried
to tell me how to configure the modem .. they did not try to understand my problem !!!!

after that , i search in the WEB, and in this web site, i found this Subject :
( Support | FAQs | What can i do if The ADSL LED indicator is not on constantly on my ADSL Modem/Router ? )
and the advice was to go to avanced Setup - ADSL - ADSL Mode , Then choose ( G.DMT ) or ( ADSL )
then Save and try the connection
i tryed that .. but no way ..

i still can use my old model ... i tried with other product : D-Link DSL-2750U Modem/Router .. it was very easy .. !!!
All working except my TP-Link Modem ..!!

can i get any solution for this case .. ???
Options
5 Reply
Re:ADSL LED indicator keeps flashing
2016-04-06 16:07:36
Maybe tplink modem is not compatible with your ISP.
You can try contact the retailer to return this product.
Options
2017-01-11 01:29:03
I have exactly the same problem wit a TD-W8980B which i just bought
Options
2017-01-12 04:23:37
Please show us screenshot from line parameters. W8980 B doesn't support analog telephone line
Options
2017-01-12 16:15:34
Thanks for your help
II agree with you that W8990B (Annex B) does NOT support an analog telephone line. I have a ISDN line (not a PSTN one).and i was using a Belkin modem Annex B type (which has crashed) since many years.and with no problem. An Annex A type modem is NOT fitting my ISDN telephone line, since a PSTN telephone liile has higher voltage than a PSTN one
I have several times reset the W8990B modem even reconfigured it back to its original (when delivered )state nd tried again to configure it but did not get the ADSL connection.
My problem is that I bought the equipment in Belgium (where i live) and when I tried to set it up the .software was in German. Thus the equipmentthat I receied is a german modem, and I cannot get anyone within the TP Link support to let me know if they have are different types of W8990B modems according to the country where they are sold. I have sent messages for help to the TP-Link support team in Germany, but NEVER got an answer..
File:
Set uo summary TD-W8980B(DE) - Dec 22, 2016 -21h31, (DOES NOT WORK).pdfDownload
Config après set up rapide TD-W8980B(DE) (DOES NOT WORK).pdfDownload
Options
2017-01-12 16:20:09
Thanks for your help
II agree with you that W8990B (Annex B) does NOT support an analog telephone line. I have a ISDN line (not a PSTN one).and i was using a Belkin modem Annex B type (which has crashed) since many years.and with no problem. An Annex A type modem is NOT fitting my ISDN telephone line, since a PSTN telephone liile has higher voltage than a PSTN one
I have several times reset the W8990B modem even reconfigured it back to its original (when delivered )state nd tried again to configure it but did not get the ADSL connection.
My problem is that I bought the equipment in Belgium (where i live) and when I tried to set it up the .software was in German. Thus the equipmentthat I receied is a german modem, and I cannot get anyone within the TP Link support to let me know if they have are different types of W8990B modems according to the country where they are sold. I have sent messages for help to the TP-Link support team in Germany, but NEVER got an answer..
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2390

Replies: 5