VR900 - upstream sync

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

VR900 - upstream sync

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
VR900 - upstream sync
VR900 - upstream sync
2016-04-13 21:38:57
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I received a VR900 a few weeks ago, and updated it to 160316.
I have a VDSL service in the UK provided by BT (BT Infinity 1) with a max 40/10 service.
Currently G.INP appears to be enabled on download only
I am against a Huwai DSLAM on profile 17a

I've found that consistently (in a few tries) the VR900 is syncing pretty much 1 Mbps lower (6000) than the HG612 (7000)
This occurs even when the two are synced back to back.
The downstream is near spot on identical, and for both upstream and downstream the reported SNRm is near identical
In fact the downstream is capped at 35000 currently due to faffing around with BT HH5a modems, hopefully released soon though with a SNRm of around 7.8dB I won't get much higher
Error rates seem low.

This surprised me a little since I specifically went for a "good" broadcom modem (in the VR900) to get the best possible from the line.

Are there any firmware updates expected in this area?

Has anyone seen similar behaviour - in particular around my kind of sync speeds

Detailed comparisons are tricky since my unlocked HG612 provides a plethora of stats, but I've realised the TP-link provides very little. whilst much of the time that's fine, for detailed PD it's.. awkward... if only the CLI offered more!

I realise I could use the HG612 along the VR900, but it somewhat defeats the object of getting a new all in one unit. I was hoping to reduce clutter, number of boxes, cables, heat/power as WELL as boost my wifi (from a BT HH 5a)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 226

Replies: 0

Related Articles