Archer VR900v alternative outgoing phone number?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-04-20 02:45:04
Hi,

at the moment i´m using a Telekom Speedport W921V on an All-IP line. I have 3 phone numbers and sometimes i want to use an alternative outgoing phone number instead of the default number.

On the Speedport i can dial with the different outgoing number with the following control codes:

#12#01234-567890

Then the alternative outgoing phone number is used. Without #12# the default outgoing phone number is used.

Is it possible to use the Archer VR900v in a similar way, maybe with other control codes? Because i don´t want to use two phones for dialing with default/alternative outgoing number.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer VR900v alternative outgoing phone number?
2020-09-17 11:24:18 - last edited 2020-09-17 13:17:45

Hey,

I too would like to see this feature.

I used to make international calls via a VoIP provider on my old FRITZ!Box. On the FRITZ!Box every telephone number got an internal id. One could pick up any phone and select the outgoing phone number via telephone codes.

I'm very disappointed that my new Archer VR900v V2 doesn't support this feature.

The only way to make international calls through a VoIP provider is to set up "Call Rules" - either for all "International Call" calls or a specific "Number Prefix". But this forces me now to make every international call through the chosen VoIP provider.

Generally the routers' setup website isn't as polished as one of a FRITZ!Box.

tp-link, please add this feature in a future firmware update.

Options
Re:Archer VR900v alternative outgoing phone number?
2020-09-24 03:38:20

@Wumper 

Good day.

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Till now, it is not supposed on the Archer VR900V.

And we have reported the feedback to the senior engineers for further evaluation.

Please keep attention to our official website.

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 638

Replies: 2