Archer vr900 media sharing issues. Often only sees some files

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-05-18 18:12:53
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : 0.9.1 1.4 v004c.0 Build 160316 Rel.44905n

ISP : plus net

I setup media sharing on a usb drive, attached to the router

via smb all is fine, i.e. can browse through file system just fine, play videos etc

However the media sharing (which I assume is dlna), which I can navigate via my samsung smart tv or windows media player, is a lot more hit and miss

It will only show a handful of videos, ignoring whole directories etc.

Then later on it will show these directories, be working fine, then later go back to forgetting about them.

Is this a known issue? I can't see any obvious mechanism to tell it refresh its view of the file system. Or even why it would show a reduced set of directories,
given that they all have videos inside.

Firmware: 0.9.1 1.4 v004c.0 Build 160316 Rel.44905n
Hardware: Archer VR900 v1 00000000
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer vr900 media sharing issues. Often only sees some files
2016-09-19 02:13:34
Hi

I'm using the Archer VR900V V1 with Firmware Archer VR900v(DE)_V1_160803.

Sorry for my bad english.

I have similar problems: I have installed a disc with images, music and films at the USB-Port (3.0) of the VR900V.

When I try to use the DLNA-function on my TV (Philips) or on my Network-Amp (Onkyo TX8050) there are many files missing.
When I open the MiniDLNA page on my PC in the browser (IP-Adress of the Archer with port 8200), it shows a number of about 9420 files - but there are many more. If I rename the folders on the USB-Drive, there are other files shown in the DLNA, but the number of showed files is always the same. The devices always show the same files, depending on the names of the folders.

I think, that the Archer can only show I small number of files in the DLNA, and it uses the folders sortet by the alphabet...If the number is reached, it will stop.

My question: is there a limitation in the file-number of the DLNA? Is there a solution to fix my problem?

Thank you für helping
Rudi
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 463

Replies: 1

Related Articles