Local network problem with TP-Link TL-PA7020P Powerline adapters

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-06-08 17:14:09
Hi

I bought four TP-Link PowerLine Adapters ( two TL-PA7020P KIT ) 1000 Mbps.
By replacing four Netgear 200 Mpbs Powerline Adapters I got faster and more reliable connection. Great !

But sometimes, when a computer (directly plugged to one of the adapters) downloads, I experience a network problem I describe below. This seems to be related to downloading through a peer 2 peer protocol (Steam or World Of Tank for example).

Here's a description of this network problem :
- When it happens, no computer can ping the router ( SFR Box NB6 @ 192.168.1.1 ) through the Ethernet connection.
- Computers can ping the router through WiFi connection.
- Because the gateway/router is unreachable, Internet can't be reached.
- Computers can ping each others through the router ( PC1 <--Ethernet--> router <--PowerLine--> PC2 )
- Communication with the router works again after about 5 minutes

I know this seems router related, but this never happened with Netgear Powerline adapters.
The router's IP adress seems blacklisted for 5 minutes, but I'm not really sure what's going on.

I tried so many things that it would be too long to write here.
Any information or suggestion is welcome.

Sorry for my english :)
Options
1 Reply
Re:Local network problem with TP-Link TL-PA7020P Powerline adapters
2020-08-18 08:19:38

@magicientoz I have encountered similar problems. Withn max 8 minutes my router goes down. PPPoE timeout errors towards Internet provider. Modem has to be reset. Cannot recover.
This happens only when the  TL-PA7020P are connected. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 602

Replies: 1