TD-W8968v3 IPv6

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TD-W8968v3 IPv6

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TD-W8968v3 IPv6
TD-W8968v3 IPv6
2016-06-08 18:15:36
Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version : 1.0.5 Build 140821 Rel.52209

ISP : Sky Broadband

My ISP Sky Broadband in the UK has just upgraded my ADSL2+ line to support IPv6. This is configured over PPPoA with the WAN DHCPv6 stateless with PD which should allocate a /56 block of addresses per user. LAN side is SLAAC with stateless DHCPv6 for DNS.

The options in the web interface for IPv6 seem rather limited and it is not clear if I have selected the correct options or even if it supports this connection method. I have for the WAN (Advanced Setup/WAN service) chosen "Launch Dhcp6c for Prefix Delegation (IAPD)" and enabled Fullcone NAT. On the LAN side (Advanced Setup/LAN/IPv6 LAN Config) I have chosen Enable DHCPv6 Server and Stateless together with Enable RAVD with random generated prefix advertisement. There is no option for SLAAC but I need RAVD set to get LAN addresses sent to my computer (Windows 10 Home x64).

With this setup I get an IPv6 connection, it is shown UP in the router and I have a block of addresses in the 2a02:... range which Sky allocate showing on my LAN. One of these is passed to my computer as seen with ipconfig/all. But I seem to have no IPv6 routing - test-ipv6.com times out on the IPv6 tests and a ping on Google IPv6's IPv6 address from a command prompt says 'net unreachable'.

Are these the correct settings or is there something else (such as the router firewall which I cannot directly access) which I need to set?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 388

Replies: 0