TP-LINK TD-W8961N 300Mbps fixed Antenna Wireless N ADSL2+ Modem Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-06-16 17:15:03
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,

I recently switched my ISP from a ADSL(Airtel) provider to Fibre Net(ACT) (this is something like cable net using RJ45).

When I rebooted my router to set up this new Fibre Net connection it allows me to set up correctly and also creates a default SSID and Wi-Fi Password. I can easily connect all my devices to the Wi-Fi connection and internet works just fine.

The Problem -
If I try to change the Wi-Fi password, all my connected devices get dis-connected. (now this is normal I know - because if the wifi password changes obviously you will need to reconnect to the Wi-Fi n/w with the new Wi-Fi password.)
But here is the glitch - No devices can any longer connect to the Wi-Fi network even if I enter the correct Wi-Fi password. This issue did not exist when I was using the router with my ADSL ISP.

Can anyone please help crack this mystery. My router is still in warranty and if it is a manufacturing error i will get it replaced pronto.

Cheers,
Saurabh
Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-LINK TD-W8961N 300Mbps fixed Antenna Wireless N ADSL2+ Modem Router
2016-06-17 20:53:04
W8961 doesn't support WAN connection. You can setup W8961 only like a AP (access point). Very important in this case is Fiber modem and his configuration (modem or router).
Options