TP-Link TD-W8968 telnet - Authorization failed after trying 5 times!!!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP-Link TD-W8968 telnet - Authorization failed after trying 5 times!!!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
13 Reply
Re:TP-Link TD-W8968 telnet - Authorization failed after trying 5 times!!!
2016-06-30 00:18:27

brianvu wrote

I think you should log in the management IP, set up all figures and reset it again. If it still not works, you should contact supporter for help.

Done all that, and updated the firmware as well. If you read the post above yours, I quoted the statement from TP-Link support basically admintting it is broken by design.

As a last ditch effort I also tried code I used to use before using telnet - grab the HTML from the modem status pages and extract the relevant data that way. That used to work (and still does) on the TP-Link TD-W8960N, but not on this one. The TD-W8968 now generates it's web page stats using javascript which doesn't work with my code. I'm not really complaining about this though as it's probably much more efficient and secure.

So, it's the end of the line with the TD-W8968 as far as I am concerned. a D-Link DSL-2790U will replace it tomorrow and the TP-Link will go in the cupboard as an emergency spare.
Options
2016-06-30 17:04:28

steveb wrote

Done all that, and updated the firmware as well. If you read the post above yours, I quoted the statement from TP-Link support basically admintting it is broken by design. As a last ditch effort I also tried code I used to use before using telnet - grab the HTML from the modem status pages and extract the relevant data that way. That used to work (and still does) on the TP-Link TD-W8960N, but not on this one. The TD-W8968 now generates it's web page stats using javascript which doesn't work with my code. I'm not really complaining about this though as it's probably much more efficient and secure. So, it's the end of the line with the TD-W8968 as far as I am concerned. a D-Link DSL-2790U will replace it tomorrow and the TP-Link will go in the cupboard as an emergency spare.
xe pháo Ä‘á»— nổ máy giÃ*u mở Ä‘iều hòa, cùng xâu xăng báo 30 lÃ*t/100 km Ä‘ang lát chuyển di lÃ* 9 lÃ*t/100 km. trui phứt xe cá»™ Nissan máy dầu Ä‘Æ¡n cầu. (Minh Phúc) Ä‘Æ¡n số li trả lời: Đây lÃ* những li hỏi tiá»…n Ä‘Æ°a thuá»™c tÃ*nh tham lam khảo
Bạn căn cứ nổ máy mÃ* giò chạy thì xe cá»™ tham dá»± báo 1000 lÃ*t/100 km cÅ©ng đúng vì xe cá»™ đứng lặng nhÆ° cố bao hiện má»›i chuyển di phanh 100km.
Điều hòa dầu tô ngoÃ*i dẫn giải nhiệt tÃ*y quạt Ä‘Æ°Æ¡ng sá»* dụng hết luồng gió tạo ra buổi xe pháo chuyển di. Bạn Ä‘áº*u xe pháo mở Ä‘iều hòa đả tặng khả hoặc áp giải nhiệt Ä‘iều hòa giảm rất có dẫn đến tiệm suất thứ máy giÃ*m lÃ*n tăng uổng nhiên liêu.
giả dụ chả di chuyển cÆ¡ mÃ* cứ nổ máy thời rắn chắc 1 triệu lÃ*t xăng /100km cÅ©ng không trung đủ bác bỏ ạ. Cái thời gian chá»› chuyển di y sẽ tÃ*nh lÃ*ng nhÃ*ng cùng tìm kiếm đường thoả chuyển di được vÃ*o số mệnh lÃ*ng nhÃ*ng 30lit/100km
Xem thêm Ä‘Æ¡n số pháº*n cú về: Hyundai
Options
2016-07-07 15:31:05

steveb wrote

Mine is a Small Home Office, but I guess I'm not a 'normal' user :-)

Telnet is a very useful and well known feature, common to most SOHO modems with Broadcom chips. It's also
the main reason I stayed with TP-Link and bought the W8968 to replace my trusted but aging W8960N (which
recently survived a lightning strike that took out my ADSL port).

Although I wrote my own software to use the telnet interface, I'm certainly not the only one using it. There's other
software like this DSLstats http://www.s446074245.websitehome.co.uk/index.html using telnet as well.

I'm pretty sure you'd agree that no-one expects useful features to be removed when they buy a newer device?

I doubt that TP-Link will make any changes to their firmware just because I'm not happy, and they probably won't
notice that I won't be buying any more of their modems unless this is fixed. I've already bought a replacement in
case it isn't - a D-Link DSL2970U, also a SOHO device but it isn't crippled like the W8968.

I like your good idear!
Options
Related Articles