AC1200 Archer D5 Wake On LAN Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-06-18 19:37:54
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hey all,

I have spent hours combing the internet for answers or workarounds for this issue...
I've successfully enabled WOL for both my desktop PC and NAS, on LAN as well as via DDNS.
The TP Link support page's instructions for enabling WOL specify to set a static IP + MAC Binding, then forward the ports to the static IP.
The problem with this approach is that when the PC is turned off, the NIC loses its IP address after a few minutes of being powered down and no longer responds to magic packets after that duration.
This is not an issue that occurs with my NAS however; i imagine because it is more "SOHO" than "Home" i guess the NIC must stay active even when the system is in standby. (Purely guessing here...)

The solution to this problem should be simple though; i would need to set my WOL port to forward to the subnet broadcast address of 192.168.1.255.
Unfortunately, the TP Link Archer D5 modem that i am using does not appear to in any way allow me to set a port to forward to a subnet broadcast, and only accepts an entry in the range of 1-254.
I have tried suggested workarounds such as altering the subnet mask so that the broadcast address is a lower number than 255, however the modem is smarter than that and automatically compensates for the new IP ranges.

I have all WOL related settings enabled in the BIOS and Windows, and everything tested working fine as long as the PC has only been switched off for less than a few minutes

Is anyone able to advise of any other way to set the modem to forward ports to a subnet broadcast address?

Many Thanks!
Kris
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 467

Replies: 0

Related Articles