Wifi packet drops and Intermittent Internet disconnection on TP Link TD-W8968 V3

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wifi packet drops and Intermittent Internet disconnection on TP Link TD-W8968 V3

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-06-20 21:54:53
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I have TP link Wi-Fi router TD-W8968 V3, I am in India, using Airtel Broadband 8 Mbps speed. I set up router and started usng wifi, however there is intermittent disconnection happening on my internet. so I do ping -t 192.168.1.1 and I can see request getting time out after few seconds , some time minutes , some time its 4 - 5 request some time for longer period. Just to cross check if its only wifi cauing this or problem with the Internet connection from My service provider, I ran ping same time from two laptops one connected with wifi and another via Ethernetcable from same Router. Ping never timed out on Ethernet cable however on wfi its same problem,requesttime out.

I called my service provider support, they check all the settings that the can, and finally they gave me their wifi router for two days to chck if its still happening, with their wifi router there was never a problem over wifi connection, finally they said it looks to be device specific config issue or may be a faulty device check with TP link support. so here I am .
1. one thing is for sure its an issue with wifi connection only.

================= Below is My basic info page

Device InfoVersion Info

Firmware Version:
1.0.5 Build 140821 Rel.52209

Hardware Version:
TD-W8968 V3 0x00000001

System Running Time:
0Day(s) 00:03:41
File:
Tplink-Setting1.jpgDownload
Options
3 Reply
Re:Wifi packet drops and Intermittent Internet disconnection on TP Link TD-W8968 V3
2016-06-22 16:43:20
Hello!

Same issue here. I got the router replaced and same problem occured but this doesn't seem to be wifi connection problem though. It's the second router I got, so it's rather unlikely that there's a problem with the device.
Options
Re:Wifi packet drops and Intermittent Internet disconnection on TP Link TD-W8968 V3
2016-06-24 20:56:49
Hello Adam,

are you suggesting that even with the replaced router you have same issue?, if so then I would presume that this is device or the firmware issue only, because other router works fine, and pings timing out only on wifi not on Ethernet connection, not sure what to do..
Options
2016-08-07 12:02:40
I have upgraded the firmware as well, but that did not help either. downloaded the latest from tp link support site TD-W8968v3_un_1_0_5_150512R42337.bin..
still same, ay one any luck..
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 635

Replies: 3