Archer D7 - Filter every port inside the LAN (outside as well) - Port Forwarding does not help

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer D7 - Filter every port inside the LAN (outside as well) - Port Forwarding does not help

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-07-06 05:14:06
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I had this router for 1 month now, and I'm very disappointed :(

I had to upgrade the firmware to 0.9.1 1.2 v002d.0 Build 150924 Rel.53491n because the ADSL connection wasn't working. The ADSL worked and didn't have any problems until I needed to run a VNC server. The VNC server opens port 5900 on machine A, and when I try to connect to this server via any other computer, I can't. No-IP works OK -it says login successful on the configuration and I can ping it from anywhere and resolves fine- but the same thing happens, from the outside, I can't connect to the VNC server on machine A. I tried adding a Virtual Server rule, no luck. The same with port forwarding. Not even the DMZ worked.

Does anyone know if it's a FW problem? Can I downgrade it? Does anyone know how? Because it's really frustrating that not even from inside the same LAN I can connect to any ports I open for any service. This shouldn't be happening at all.

Thank you for any response that may help me!
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer D7 - Filter every port inside the LAN (outside as well) - Port Forwarding does not help
2016-07-14 13:59:57
If you can visit the server in the LAN with the LAN IP:port but can't via WAN IP:port, there may be something wrong with the Port settings or Port Forwarding issues in the current firmware.
It's suggested you try another port which you set in the D7, if there is still a problem, maybe you can send an e-mail to TP-LINK tech support to check: http://www.tp-link.com/en/support-contact.html#E-mail-Support
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 696

Replies: 1

Related Articles